Every Raindrop Makes a Ripple…
…Every Ripple Can Change the World!
Rain of Hope creates caring communities through community service learning programs that are exciting and fun for all ages – from 3 to 103! With a focus on building and teaching communities that we are all connected, Rain of Hope’s programs empower individuals through age-appropriate community service projects and lessons that develop social skills.
Engaging Community Service Programs
All programs are mission driven and created by Rain of Hope. Programs include writing songs to teach positive expressions, bringing children and seniors together, developing friendships based on respect, and building communities. Each program helps individuals find understand how they can positively change the world, in a way that is meaningful to them.
- Rain of Hope has been empowering youth in the Greater New Haven area since 2013.
- Our programs have over doubled in the last year, reaching over 250 New Haven Public School Students; providing programs to over 25 senior citizens; and helping over 10 Southern Connecticut State University future teachers to gain classroom experience!
- Our Youth Programs:
- follow a specially designed “caring curriculum”, aligning each lesson with both common core and social emotional learning (SEL) standards.
- collected 17,000 books for homeless families through a collaboration with New Haven Public Schools;
- wrote 6 new songs sharing positive messages for their communities;
taught 40 elementary students how to build and create last inter-generational
relationships with senior citizens who were provided a meaningful one-on-one volunteer experience;
The request for Rain of Hope programs continues to grow! More communities are requesting our help to empower their youth!
Watch our latest video to see how Rain of Hope is empowering youth:
Rain of Hope builds caring communities through a fun and engaging programs and events that empower children and adults to respect each other, to understand complex issues facing our community, and to work together to solve problems. Working with an array of organizations and communities, Rain of Hope teaches others to make their ripples count. Rain of Hope is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. 100% of donations are used to develop and expand Rain of Hope programs to more communities. (EIN: 46-3416946)
Your donation Matters. Did you know?
- Over 75% of youth in our programs are eligible for free or reduced lunch.
- The federal government contributes only 11 percent of the cost of after school programs.*
- In Connecticut, 19% (109,150) of K-12 youth are responsible for taking care of themselves after school.*
- 44% (213,766) Of Connecticut children not currently enrolled in afterschool, would likely participate IFprograms were available in their community. *
- Studies show, participation in after school programs help improve youths’ classroom behavior, completion of homework and classroom participation.*
*Reference: Afterschool Alliance